I have been legally employed for two weeks now.
Starting work and doing all these adult things (I went to the bank alone!) has made me really tired.
After braving the infamous LDP traffic, I no longer have the desire or the strength to cook elaborate meals.
That’s when things like luncheon meat come in handy.
I know the whole hoohaa about canned pork. How it is unhealthy and fattening.
And the fact that it is probably made of other ingredients besides pork.
And perhaps the nay sayers are right.
Luncheon meat is dodgy.
But perhaps that’s the reason why it tastes sooo banging.
After a long day of pretending to be productive work, nothing beats the smell of sizzling cubes of dodgy meat.
After hours of mindless, uncreative work I would gladly pick carbs over my boyfriend.
Now this is perfectly good on its own, with spring onion and perhaps some guacamole.
But you top it with a sunny side up?
It makes working life just that little bit more bearable.
2 potatoes, cubed
1/2 can of luncheon meat, cubed
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
Chilli flakes, optional
Spring onion for garnish
Sunny side up, not optional
1. Partially cook the cubed potatoes, drain and set aside.
2. Fry the luncheon meat cubes until crispy and golden brown.
3. Add in potatoes, minced garlic and chili flakes.
4. Partially smash some of the potatoes with a potato smasher/back of spatula.
5. Cook until potatoes are nice and crispy or until you’re too hungry to think straight.
6. Season to taste
7. Garnish with spring onion and egg.
8. Serve immediately.