Doesn’t a cold pint make everything better?
You drink beer on a beach, listening to calming waves and watch bikini-clad women.
You drink beer at clubs and pubs because its the cheapest way to get your buzz.
A lot of the happiest moments in my life has beer as a starring role.
My 2013 resolution is to incorporate more beer into my diet.
And I have found the answer: Beer Batter.
The bubbles from the beer and ice cubes makes a thin batter that is insanely insanely crispy.
Spiked with liberal amounts of cayenne and black pepper, this meal ticks all the right boxes with me.
The boxes being: Deep Fried, Spicy, and Beer.
I also have it with fresh cut double fried fries. And a beer of course.
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned.
I hope you make this soon.
It made me very happy.
It will do the same to you too.
4 pieces firm white flesh fish – I used dory.
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp (or more) cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 cup of something fizzy – beer or soda water
4 ice cubes
Lemon and tartar sauce for garnish
1. In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, peppers, and salt. Add all the beer in one go. Drop in your ice cubes.
2. Preheat your oil or deep fryer to 180C.
3. Dip each fish to coat, allowing excess batter to drip off.
4. Place gently into oil and fry until golden brown on both sides. Do not overcrowd.
5. Sprinkle with salt and serve with lemon wedge and tartar sauce.
6. Best served with cold cold beer.
Happy Fish Chip-ing!